Fash! Geek: One quick trick: Work an unexpected slogan tee

One quick trick: Work an unexpected slogan tee

full length the edited
OUTFIT: Jumpsuit, Zara (last season, similar here) | T-shirt, Être Cécile (available here, but also LOVE this one from current range) | Sandals, Marks Spencer | Leather jacket, Whistles (a couple of seasons ago, similar here) | Bag, Chanel (similar here) | Ring, Monica Vinader | Sunglasses, Other Stories
I love contrasts when it comes to fashion. You know, things like print on print â€" stripes with leopard or florals for example. A denim jacket thrown over a black tie dress, or a full skirt teamed with your Stan Smiths â€" that kind of thing.
The Zara jumpsuit I’m wearing here has been featured several times now, but it’s one of those wardrobe pieces that I wear ALL THE TIME because it’s just so practical.
And due to the very fact I wear it so often, I’m always trying to find new ways to wear. Not that easy with a one-piece jumpsuit, I accept, but in terms of various shoe shapes, jacket and whether I wear anything underneath.
My go-to with it is wearing a striped black and white tee, long or short sleeved, underneath â€" which just makes it a bit more casual if I’m wearing with flat sandals. Also, if I’m out and about with the kids i don’t worry about it peeking open too much and showing off my bra.
But the other day both stripy tops were at the bottom of the washing pile, so I decided to go with my love for all things contrast and wear a slogan tee under my jumpsuit. You can’t quite read it, but you know it’s making a statement!
Mine was a grey Être Cécile Bad Ass Paris t-shirt from last season (but still available half price on The Outnet!) â€" which was HILARIOUS as I was actually IN Paris at the time! I KNOW! Crazy.
crop the edited
I was inspired by the stylish ladies below, who have all worked a slogan tee shirt into their smarter outfits.
And despite the fact you’re bound to have one tucked away somewhere in your wardrobe, read on for four of my favourite slogan tees of the moment.
tees
 IMAGES: Elle.com | Vogue.com | Who What Wear
Â
Â
tees
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT: Être Cécile at Matches Fashion | Sonia by Sonia Rykiel at Net à Porter | Zara | Rachel Antonoff x Other Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment