Fash! Geek: My Style | Tan coats and white vintage lace

My Style | Tan coats and white vintage lace

IMG_5828
I’m not often inspired by celebrity on-duty outfits. They’re often too contrived, created by their style squad rather than taking any kind of fashion initiative themselves.
But then sometimes I have to make an inner apology after seeing an outfit that looks so cool, it makes me want to go and put something similar on immediately. This week it was seeing this shot of Scarlett Johansson wearing white lace Roland Mouret.
White lace is a given â€" it’s everywhere this season, yet never fails to look fresh. And I loved the chic, classic additions of Roger Vivier tan heels, a camel wool trench draped over her shoulders and made instantly modern with those cool grey sunglasses (need those!)
Scarlett’s look was super glam, but the neutral combination of fresh colours lends itself to an easy Spring day outfit.
IMG_5829IMG_5827
Dress, vintage (see edit below for my current white dress high street favourites) | Trench, Zara (similar here) | Sandals, Marks Spencer | Bag, Accessorize (similar here)
The white lace dress I’m wearing is actually a vintage one of my mum’s that she wore to a 40th birthday party (I can still remember her photo being taken with my tuxedo-wearing dad in our back garden before they went off for the night!), but I’ve found several high street styles that hit the mark.
And these type of sandals should be on everyone’s Summer must-have list. They’re corset style gladiators, which could not be more on-trend right now, in a wear-with-everything sand colour. I got mine from Indigo at Marks Spencer.
Roll on proper, unadulterated sunshine â€" I want to wear white lace dresses all Summer! Here are my three current favourites:
lace2
From left to right: Broderie anglaise sundress, Paul by Paul Smith at ASOS | Pom pom trim midi dress, Other Stories | White lace midi dress (with sleeves!), Zara
Â
Â

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your article Let me learn how to collocation,this white and black dress is one of the most beautiful i've ever seen. i really love it and it's so perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete