Fash! Geek: My Style | The midi dress I will wear all summer

My Style | The midi dress I will wear all summer

IMG_6699
OUTFIT: Dress, Other Stories | Sandals, T K Maxx (similar here) | Leopard clutch bag, Boden (out of stock, similar here) | Leather jacket, Whistles (old season, similar here) | Necklace, Isabel Marant (similar here)
Â
I’ve been taking the middle ground for a while now.
In terms of my preferred skirt length, there is nothing that makes me happier than a bit of fabric wafting around in the general direction of my ankles. Midi, not TOO maxi, just hitting me in a place that’ll still show off a coy little peek of skin â€" and preferably a tanned one at that.
It’s a midi for me. My wardrobe is bereft of minis, all charity shop-bound back in the early Noughties when I made the decision that, actually, my thighs and legs are very grateful for a longer length.
And I don’t even care that designers like Vuitton or Saint Laurent raised their mini skirt game this season, because the high street has spoken â€" and midis have never been more popular.
So it comes with a little frisson of excitement when I find a new midi of joy that I know will get it’s money-worth and then some.
I’d spotted this little beauty of a dress in Other Stories a while ago (and spotted on my v cool friend Bianca), but honestly the hanger appeal was a big fat zero. Until I tried it on and it was instant love.
In a lovely, fresh blue porcelain print and made from cool cotton crepe, it is a dress-up or dress-down dream of a dress that I have already worn three times. Considering it arrived two weeks ago, you can already see it’s a cost per wear winner.
I’m planning on dressing it down with plimsolls or my Stan Smiths, but mainly intend to swan around wearing simple tan sandals and a slick of lipstick.
Midi marvellous.
IMG_6702IMG_6700IMG_6703
Â

No comments:

Post a Comment